I started my Southpark avatar with a source image and began drawing my outline. I then setup my workspace for the avatar and set up another artboard for the drawing and the artboard. I got to this stage after laying out all of my source images and what colors I wanted to use.
I finished the body outline with the legs, arms, feet/shoes and the torso area. I then went and started fixing my layering and set up my layers so I would not be confused later on.
I finished tracing the face and created the shirt. I then created multiple mouths for later on in the process when I animate my avatar.
I started coloring my avatar and looking at the avatar all connected. I finished creating the sweatshirt and logo, pants, and shoes and I started working on the hair.
I started working on the hair and changing the texture of the hair to fit myself. I also finished the mouths of my avatar.
I set up my character in character animator and started watching the videos on how to rig my character and lock it from moving all over the scene.
I continued working on the videos and created a different hair strand texture for my character.
I started aligning my mouths for the character and watched the video about triggers.
I continued to watch the video about triggers and set my character to have more than one toggled body.
The ninjas pushed our knowledge of the original pen tool and shapes tool to another level. We learned how to use the align tool and grouping. i also learned how to use the different stoke configurations and appearance tab to create a cohesive set of ninjas that look the same but in a much more efficient way. I learned how to use the rotate tool and star tool to create other shapes as well. The different poses of the ninjas were created by merging the body parts in different ways and moving a basic set up of the ninja around. I also learned how to use the blend tool in objects to create duplicates of one shape and and keep all of the shapes grouped together in the nunchucks. On this as well I learned how to change the shape of an object by changing the spine of the object.
While creating the hippo sign we applied our previously learned skills on the pen tool and other shape tools. We learned how to make different shapes and group them together, how to use the arrangement of the shapes to layer pieces on top and behind other shapes. The text tool was introduced to us in illustrator when we created the text. I personally added a drop shadow to the text for it to stand out and give it more appeal. I created a shadow around the hippo with a duplicate to give a black outline. We used a lot of copy and pasting to maintain the symmetry of the hippo.
In the pen tool exercises we learned how to use the various techniques to draw in illustrator. We use the pen tool to create bezier curves and learned how to maneuver the handles and anchor of the pen tool. We also learned how to use the selection tool and direct selection tool to fill and move shapes. We applied different stroke colors and fill colors to the different lines and shapes.
I learned how to use the various tools of illustrator. I used the ellipse tool, pen tool and rectangle tool to create shapes on my artboard. Prior to creating shapes I set up my workspace and toolbar. After I learned the difference between vector images and bitmap or rasterized images.
This soda can was to help teach the skills of using an active Photoshop file that is placed on a canvas. I started with a blank canvas and used a picture of raindrops and a color overlay to be the background of the image. Next, I created text that said Homerun and used the warp or round option to curve the words. after I used layering effects to create a bevel and glow around the text and repeated for all other text. After I moved them along guidelines that I set previously. After, I added the baseball logo and rotated the image. Once I was finished with each step I checked the soda can to see if I was satisfied with how each element looked. Once I finished I added the nutrition Label and barcode. I had to warp both images around the can and change the blending mode to multiply so that the white in the image would disappear.
I took a drawing of my soda logo and turned it into 3D soda can design. I used the can preset on Photoshop as my base. I then opened up the label material and created my can using guidelines and placed each image or color overlay onto the canvas. I wanted a tropical feel to the drink so I used a picture of leaves and chose the soft light blend to create a texture in the soda can label. I also added mangoes as my central logo. To add the nutrition label and barcode I had to warp the images by stretching them. One thing I had to remember was that the label looks different when on the can. I had to continuously check to see if the label truly was how I wanted it to be. On the final parts where I added the background I kept the tropical theme and used the wooden plank as the table. After completing all of the components of the soda can I had to set the lighting up so that it would shine on the object but not completely wash it out.
Creating the Wooden Text picture involved a lot of use with the load selection tool which allowed for everything in the layer that is chosen (highlighted) to be selected with marquee lines around it. It also gave precise selections and made it easier to select large areas of the text and multiple layers in order to copy them.